Best Practices for Enterprise Mobile Applications
Ojas Rege | June 27, 2013
More than 60% of MobileIron customers are now building in-house mobile apps. It’s no longer a side-project but instead a key way for employees to do their work. But the technologies and design principles are very new, and there is nothing even approaching a reliable guidebook. Best practices are emerging from experimentation, and that experimentation over the last year has taught us all some great lessons.
I posted my thoughts on these lessons a few months ago, and I recently expanded them here:
The topics include:
· Development differences between enterprise and consumer mobile apps
· Most important elements of user experience
· App governance – who funds, who builds, who manages
· Architectural best practices
· Role of IT in mobile app development
If you are putting together the mobile apps program for your company, I hope this provides some best practices and lessons learned from the school of hard (mobile app) knocks. Mobile is a catalyst for dramatic change in the way people do their work and a well-structured apps program is one of the key initiatives to get there.