Enterprise Mobility Management Platform
The MobileIron Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) platform was purpose-built for enterprises to secure and manage mobile devices, desktops, applications and content while providing their employees with device choice, privacy and a native user experience.
The MobileIron EMM platform enables global enterprises to secure and manage modern operating systems in a world of mixed-use mobile devices and desktops. It incorporates identity, context, and privacy enforcement to set the appropriate level of access to enterprise data and services. MobileIron secures data-at-rest on the mobile device, in mobile apps, desktop and in cloud storage. The MobileIron EMM platform additionally secures data-in-motion as it moves between the corporate network, devices, and various on-prem and cloud storage repositories. With MobileIron, IT can secure corporate information wherever it lives while preserving employee privacy. With MobileIron, security means enabling the modern enterprise not restricting it.
- Mobile management software engine that enables IT to set policies for mobile devices, desktops, applications and content. This enables Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Management, and Mobile Content Management capabilities.
- Integrates with backend enterprise IT platforms such as Active Directory and can be deployed on premise or in the cloud.
- An additional enterprise mobility management tool is Sentry, an in-line intelligent gateway that manages, encrypts, and secures the traffic between the mobile device and back-end enterprise systems.
- Blocks access to corporate resources if a device falls out of compliance or is not authorized.
- Mobile management software installed on end user mobile devices to enforce configuration and security policies set by the IT department. This enables IT to enforce Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile Application Management (MAM) and Mobile Content Management (MCM).